Saturday 16 April 2011

Furuba!

So, my day was very... interesting. Yes, that's the word, interesting. Let's just say it was filled with a lot of public transport and a whole lot of getting lost and being completely, utterly stupid. But hey, I had fun. I have never felt so grateful to Subway for feeding me before and haven't been so happy to rest my feet in a long time. But, it made me think. I mean, there were so many times when I was kinda freaked out, but something happened and we found where we were. The time we found the sign pointing to the river, the absolutely wonderful taxi driver- things like that make you, well, me, think someone's gotta be looking down on you. I mean, seriously. Especially with all the jay-walking we did. I was feeling like writing a totally religious post now, but I don't remember what it was about and I'm re-watching Fruits Basket, so I'm kinda distracted, haha. Yes, I am re-watching this entire series. I love it that much. Man, it sounds cheesy and lame, but it really changed me. It got me really into anime. It was... the third anime I'd regularly watched, probably the second one I finished, after Death Note, so it's pretty important to me. As Phantomess and I were saying today, you have a show you love so much it becomes "Your Anime." You love it, are dedicated to it, know every character, know them so well you feel they are real, read about the show, listen to the music, look up pictures etc. In that case, Fruits Basket is my anime. It's really quite interesting re-watching it. There are certain things said in early episodes that have so much more meaning when you've seen the whole series and read the entire manga. One of the things I love the best in this show is it's amazing character development. I mean, Yuki has some and it's kinda cool, but I really love that character development of Kyo. Now, the character development of everyone is much more evident in the manga. Like, cry-worthy-character development. The anime has some too, with Kyo, mainly. He goes from being pretty hateful towards everyone, but he has his moments of... normality, I guess. You find out that he really doesn't know how to deal with people, and he envies Yuki for the fact that everyone likes and accepts him. You find out that people blame him for the death of his mother and he was taken in my a Master dude, who taught him to fight in the mountains for months. You find out that he really loves his master but doesn't think he deserves to be called his master's son. You also find out he turns into a monster. You basically find out that he is extremely lonely and it makes me cry. I'm not sure why, but I feel very attached to this character. And not just in a fangirly way. I mean, yes, I do fangirl over him like crazy, but I think there's something else. I guess he just has a lot of relatable qualities. I dunno, feeling lonely, feeling like no one accepts you and not being able to deal with people well, while having only one thing (in his case, fighting) and one or two people (in his case, his master and Tohru) who can make him feel wanted; I guess that's some pretty relatable stuff. Being cursed and turning into a cat when girls hug you and then turning into a monster when your bracelet is ripped off- that's not so relatable :P
Anyway, I really shouldn't go on a Fruits Basket or Kyo Sohma rant... Even though I kinda did already. Basically, this anime and this character are especially close to my heart, as cheesy and lame and gag-tastic as that sounds.

Now, for some funny Fruits Basket screenshots!
Heh. Imagine this being sung in a catchy little ditty. 

Fighting, as always. With a mop?


Kyo hates leeks. Those are leeks. He probably passed out... 

LOLWHAT?

Tohru's trying to show Kyo her "fighting moves" and he's all, "You suck." For some reason I always found this little scene cute.

I ship them. Blonde chick and Kyo. 
And a quote for you all:

Kyo: I'll win next time, just like I'll win against you! (pointing at Yuki)
Yuki: Wait, wait, I think I've heard this one before...
Kyo: No joke, asshole! I am going to beat you! That's a promise!
Yuki: I wish you'd stop making your inferiority complex my problem.
Kyo: I swear, every time you open your mouth it pisses me off!
Yuki: And every time you open yours you sound like an idiot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment