Tuesday 26 April 2011

The Perverted Alien From Planet Pheromones

Wow. I just finished Kaichou wa Maid-Sama and yeah. Wow. It was so good I am disregarding the laws of grammar and ending sentences with "and yeah". Now, if you are not a hopeless romantic sap, you probably wouldn't be as insanely happy as I am right now. Very romantic. And sappy. It, uh, caused me to be full on grinning at the screen for most of the second half. Now, here shall be my rant about the series.

Kaichou wa Maid-Sama translates to "The President is a Maid" and that is the premise of the show. Misaki Ayuzawa (hereby known as Misaki) is the student council president of her school. She is the most insane feminist you will ever know. Their school recently became a co-ed school, so there are still like, 80% boys. Misaki is trying to change that and, basically, she hates men. But, she is poor so she works as a maid at a maid cafe in town. Basically, it's a cafe where the waitresses dress as maids and call the guys "master" etc. Kinda weird, but whatever.
Meido?
Cue Usui. Now, I shall try and restrain myself from writing too much about him, but I can make no guarantees. Alright, so he comes along and somehow (ah! I forgot), finds out that she works in a maid cafe. He protects her from three guys who hate her (because she is always yelling at them at school) and kinda promises that he won't tell her secret. At one stage he says he hasn't told anyone because it's his "personal pleasure." Now... How do explain him... He is the funniest anime character I think I have ever seen. He is so weird, but so funny. He is always hitting on Misaki in a kinda creepy way and is always popping up to protect her. You kinda know he's going to show up whenever she's in trouble, but it's still funny when he does because I'm always like, "Usui! Hahaha! Why would he even be here? Wth?" and then he protects her and I'm all, "N'AWW USUI!" He is like, creepy-ish but epically sweet and insanely hot and has a huge fangirl base. Seriously. On every youtube video, at least half of the comments would be, "USUI IS SO HOT! I WANT A MAN LIKE USUI!" Now, here are some TVTrope links to describe this wonderful character:
The Ace
I won't do any more... So many... He also falls under Estrogen Brigade Bait.. To sum that Trope up, it's a character that is put there just to attract audience members... physically. So, the reason for hot guys being in shows. Quite amusing. And Fanservice- basically when a character shows off their... attractiveness to... attract audience members... I mean, come on! The ending song starts off with several images of him without a shirt. The reactions of the youtubers when they changed the ending was hilarious. Everyone's all, "WHERE'S MY HOT USUI ENDING?" 
Anywho..... Enough about Usui.... I guess....... 
So... this scene was adorable and caused much fangirl smiling...

So, the series consists of Usui hitting on her, her calling him a "perverted alien" and not realising that he actually is in love with her. Dang clueless anime girls, haha. Now, about 5 episodes from the end- NEW GUY ALERT! Zomg. 

Cue Hinata Shintani. He came along as a new student at their school. He was there to find his lost first love. You can probably see where this is going. To cut a long story short, Misaki and Hinata were old childhood friends and Hinata has liked her since then and moved schools to find her. He found her and... Cue love triangle. Now, I am a mega UsuixMisaki shipper but why did they have to make Hinata so adorable and likeable? I am supposed to hate The Hypotenuse (TVtropes reference)... But I didn't hate him. No one did. Misaki and Hinata were pretty close and all and Usui got uber jealous. Everytime he was jealous, he looked so sad and I wanted to hug him. But hey, fictional character... Can't hug him. Sadly. *slap* Stop fangirling, man!

Alright, I'm good now. So, Hinata's all, "I like Misaki-chan!" and Usui's all, "I like teasing and annoying and hitting on Misa-chan!" 

So, it was really sad. Hinata saw Usui and Misaki having "a moment" (Usui took off his shirt (he had a shirt underneath...) and put it on her because she was saturated. N'aw) and got really depressed. Now, whenever Usui and Hinata are around each other, they glare at each other and well... Let the picture describe...
Heh. Usui's dog kinda OWNS Hinata's...
Now, as Usui walks away after the shirt thing, he yells, "Ruff!" Obviously, to Hinata. Misaki's all, "WTH?" Hinata cries and yells back, defiantly, "Ruff!" I was all, "AWWW POOR GUY!" 
But yeah. He ends up alone. Heh. Sad, but good because, if anyone killed UsuixMisaki, I'd kill them.

Now, let's just say, the final episode had the best love confession I've seen in an anime. It was wonderful. And Misaki confessed stuff first. Saying that he annoys her but she feels lonely when he's gone and that he is the only person to confuse her. She was saying it all and I was grinning and his face was all :O and it was adorable. Anyway, then he tells her that he teases her because, "I like seeing your different expressions. You sudden smiles surprise me and make my heart race," or something. *swoon* They kissed. While fireworks were going off- cheesy, but I was so taken by the scene, I didn't care. Then he was all, "I love you, Ayuzawa," and she was all, "I..... hate you," and he's all, "You really are sly, Ayuzawa," and she's all, "Usui, you idiot," but all in an endearing way, while they were holding hands. It ended with random funny clips of all the minor characters and then Hinata saying that he'll be with Misaki one day and Usui is his rival, while Usui was telling her he loves her. 

Zomg. So good. It's good seeing as though my last anime had no love confessions and Fruits Basket had no love confession and I was dying for love confessions, haha. Anywho, very good anime. Funniest anime I've ever seen. Just hilarious. Made me laugh several times every episode, without fail. Most of it was because of Usui, but whatever. Now to read the manga... 

Om nom nom lollipop

This bad quality image does not do this scene justice. SO FUNNY. She is held captive by creepy guys and is tied up. Usui is gonna protect her. He has JUST ninja-kicked through a glass window as she gets all epic ninja on their asses and escapes and kicks their asses. Usui is all :O  And the he proceeds to crack up laughing, as shown above. Hilarious.



No comments:

Post a Comment