Friday 3 June 2011

Conversation of Mass

Chillin' in the State Library again. Googling "conservation of mass" or as Albino says, "conversation of mass."

So, I had my last Flute Ensemble rehearsal before our concert about half an hour ago. Last night I freaked out. Literally. We have this really hard piece called Whirpool. It's fast, full of triplets and many, many accidentals. There was one particular line I could not play and she told off my section last week for playing it VERY wrong. Last night I played it like, 50 times (in between being on the internet and watching episode 8 of AnoHana (we'll get to that later)) and could OCCASIONALLY play it right and at the correct-ish tempo. I was tearing my hair out. Almost literally. Anyway, after dinner and going to Maccas for desert (love Friday nights with my parents. Both brothers go to youth groups and we usually go get Maccas desert in between. Mmm) I practiced some more and at about 9pm, I had a breakdown. Serious. It was not pretty. Crying, shaking, blubbering mess just freaking out about today and next week's concert. My mum was trying to calm me down saying, "It's OK. All you can do is keep practicing. It'll be fine. Your concert was great last year, just ask your conductors questions," etc. It was... interesting. I realised then how much I worry bout little things. See, I'm not so worried about the actual concert. Whatever. If I stuff up (and I WILL) it's OK. I am freaking out about where I'll store my saxophone during my flute concert, where I'll get changed in between concerts, if I'll get lost in between and stupid little thing like that. Those things will be fine, but that's what freaks me out the most. It's so dumb. You see, I freak out about these things in the week/s leading up to the event, but it's always fine when it actually happens. For example, my Flute Ensemble rehearsal, which the thought of made me a blubbering mess, went well. It was actually quite good. Thank God. Literally. I was standing there at the end internally going, "THANK YOU, GOD!!" Because I'd been praying last night that He would help me stay calm and just do my best today. I would do a religious rant on how much my praying has changed over the last year thanks to one particular song, but that could take hours and I'm supposed to be starting my second Physics assignment...

BUT, I want to talk about Ano Hana. I watched episode 8 last night. It was wonderful. Truly wonderful.  I will try not to give away any spoilers but it made me want to cry. Twice. I nearly did. Twice. It's such an emotional show and I am so glad I found it because I was really looking for a tearjerker kind of show.  This show's going to make it into my Top 3 Animes for sure. So far, my all-time favourites are Fruits Basket and Kaichou wa Maid-Sama and I am almost certain this will be in this group once it's done. Well, it's already up there and it's only up to episode 8. I am so addicted :)  I'm going to watch episode 1 of Durarara!! tonight, hopefully.
N'awws. 
So, basically I have several ships and one-sided ships in this show. In my opinion Tsuruko (far left above) should be in love with Yukiatsu (second from left above). Yukiatsu should, however, be in love with Menma (chick next to him). Menma should not really be in love with anyone. Jintan (guy next to Menma) should have a thing for either girl next to him, but I don't really mind if he isn't in love with either. Anaru (next to Jintan) should be, and is, in love with Jintan. Poppo (on the end) shouldn't be in love with anyone. He's just the comic relief. So, in my ideal shipping world, everyone would end up being depressed over unrequited love? Hm. Depressing. But, weirdly enough, that's how I'd like it. I can't see any of them being couples. 

I'll be off now. I need to put more tags in my blog to get more views, guys. My most tagged things are Fruits Basket and Relient K. Not surprising at all. 

That weird moment when you think you've seen your Music Teacher walk past. It wasn't her. All is right with the world. 

I have the compulsion to look at the Ano Hana TVTropes page... Oh dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment