Saturday 19 March 2011

Me? Fangirl? No...

I was thinking about animes and characters from those animes and had a total light bulb moment. Here, I shall give you a list of my favourite male anime characters who I have become increasingly Fangirly over. I had never been a fangirl until the past year-ish and think I can owe that to Gojo and Phantomess, indeed. Anyway, my list of characters that most of you won't know, yo. (in no real particular order, just when they pop into my head)


1. Kyo Sohma from Fruits Basket. 
Yeah. He enters the series by falling through the roof and saying, "Yo." How could you not love him?

Those that have heard my fangirly rants would be sighing right now.. Heh. I am definitely NOT the only fangirl over this character. Man, he is pretty popular with the female demographic. Now, background info. The show is based around a family who is cursed. *insert creepy 'ooh' noises here* When they are hugged by a member of the opposite gender, they turn into members of the Chinese Zodiac... And, in Kyo's case, the cat. Who is not a member of the 12. Now, you are probably sitting there going, "What the heck were the writers on???" but seriously, it is like, a million times better than it sounds. So, Kyo is the cat and is shunned. He has practically the shortest temper EVER and pretty much yells at everyone. A lot. But, he is totes a Jerk With a Heart of Gold (TVTropes reference FTW!) Yeah. He has an epic romance and is a bit of a Launcher of a Thousand Ships (WOO. TVTropes again. I am on a roll) for me, anyway. Now, I could rant about this dude for hours, but I have other characters to talk about. Basically, he gets angry but is actually pretty dang sweet and has awesome hair and, for anime/manga characters, is pretty darn hot.

2. Hatori Sohma- Fruits Basket
Epic scenery shot, much?

Alright, so Hatori is the dragon of the Chinese Zodiac except, for some reason, he turns into a seahorse. Pretty sure they explained that in the manga but I had no idea what they were talking about thanks to the very poor Japanese-to-English translations... Anyways, Hatori is the doctor for the family. He has an insanely sad story where in short, he fell in love with his assistant, went to the head of the family to ask to marry her, the head of the family was all, "Hell no!" and hit him. His girlfriend was all, ":(" and Head Of The Family was all, "Hey, you chick, this is your fault" and she was all, "Zomg it was my fault. I am a sucky girlfriend" and got all depressed. Hatori then had to erase her memory because she was so depressed. I'm not sure why he has the power to erase memories but that's totally irrelevant. Yeah, so now, his old girlfriend doesn't know they were in love and is off married to some other guy while he is left alone, fixing the health problems of his messed-up family. And again, I love this guy.

3. InuYasha- InuYasha (yeah, that's right, a different show this time)
Who doesn't love half-dog demons with long, silky, white hair? 

Yeah, so unfortunately, I haven't seen a whole lot of InuYasha yet, because it is so damn long, but I still love this guy. A lot. He, too, has serious anger management issues and yells at people. A lot. Hm, seems I have a bit of a thing for guys with anger management issues O_O  Anyway, InuYasha is da bomb. Firstly, come on, his name is INUYASHA- pretty awesome, you've gotta admit. And he's half-demon. Yeah. AND, he looks pretty attractive when he goes all Full Human and has long black hair. Basically, he is one epic dude.

4. Kei Takishima- Special A
Why, hello ;)
Alright, this is another strange show of mine. There are these 7 dudes who are apparently, uber smart... or uber rich. Or both. They are in a "special" class at their school called the Special A and it seems that all they do is hang in a huge greenhouse and have tea... Serious. Anyway, Kei here, is the top of the school and this special class. Number one. Numero uno. He is both smart and rich. And arrogant. He has mega BST with the chick in the Number Two position and she spends her life trying to beat him and always fails. She also fails at noticing that he is completely in love with her until the end of the series, but whatever. Kei is pretty awesome because well, he is. He is super smart and pretty darn funny in the series and I liked his really deep voice till I realised his voice actor was like, 40. Oh well. He is also really really sweet and always protecting the chick he is in love with. So yeah.

5. L- Death Note
CAKE. OM NOM NOM.

Alrighty, L. Where to start. L is the bestest, most epic detective dude in the history of detective dudes. He dresses like a slob, hardly ever wears shoes, has a mop of hair and is always eating cake or other various sugary desserts- well, when he's not you know, trying to solve the world's biggest problems with his awesome deductive skills and what-not. He is a very strange man but is real smart and his deductive skills are pretty well, unbelievable. If L were real, I would hug him so hard. R.I.P L :(

6. Matsuda- Death Note
Awkward laugh. Heh. Heh.
OK, so this guy's kinda the opposite to L. He isn't really... a deductive genius or anything. He's kinda slow and everyone, most especially L, say, "Matsuda, you idiot!" on an extremely frequent basis. Aww, poor Matsuda. Well, he does get pretty buddy-buddy with the criminal guy they are trying to catch and thinks he's great, but he's not THAT stupid. I mean, in the last episode he shoots the guy and yells at him. So epic. I wanted to hug him so bad then. He's seriously the comic relief for the series but has some epic moments and truthfully, he is adorable.

7. Tadashi- Special A
This picture annoys me. Dang Google Images for having nothing better. Gr.


Alright, this guy is Number 5 in the Special A class. I think it must be mainly cause his mama's the principal of this weirdo school, because he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb. He is comic relief and is always eating or talking about food, made by his good friend (number... 4 (?) in the school) Akira. She always bashes him up for talking about her food all the time. Turns out she is in love with him. Yeah. They have several sweet moments but he usually makes a joke that ticks her off and he gets bashed up again. N'aww. Eventually the get together but somehow, nothing really changes. He still talks about food, she still hits him... Oh well, whatever you're into, I guess. I still love this dude.

8. Shinobu- Honey and Clover
Cruddy as picture but one of the very few that didn't have him and a freakish facial expression. I mean, what can you do?

Now, I have only seen 4 episodes of this show, so I'm not an expert. But, I loved this guy from the second I saw him sleeping on the wooden floor of a dorm room. All I know about him is that he is REALLY strange, no one gets him, he likes to play jokes on people and he often leaves uni for a few weeks and comes back really tired with a bag of food for everyone to share. As you do... But, I have to say, I do love a man who brings food :D

9. Shigure- Fruits Basket
Humph.


Well, I don't really fangirl over Shigure, but I do still love him very muchly. Now, he is the dog of the Chinese Zodiac and again, comic relief. He is kinda creepy and has a bit of a thing for younger women. But I wouldn't call him a pedo... Just... I dunno. He's funny, OK? He's a novelist and always plays tricks on his editor and at times, this makes her suicidal, but who cares, cause she's annoying. Yeah, he's basically around to make jokes at other people's expense and occasionally say some deep stuff. Awesome.

10. Miroku- InuYasha
Pretty fascinated by the sight of his own hand, by the looks of it

Again, not really someone I fangirl over.. yet... Awesome dude. Monk, hits on chicks. A lot. Has a hole in his hand and sucks stuff up into it after yelling, "Wind tunnel!" and pointing it at evil demons. Pretty useful, indeed. Again, a bit of comic relief, but most characters in this show (well, what I've seen so far), apart from evil dudes, have humorous moments. Still, he's funny. And I always thought he had a cool voice. In the English dub, anyways.

11. Hinata- Angel Beats!
BLUE HAIR!

Not huge fangirl but he was probably my favourite, or tied for favourite, character from this series. Firstly, blue hair, yeah. Secondly, funny as. Yeah, very funny. He is totally part of a bromance with the main dude and I do love a good bromance. He also has a epically sweet, romantic moment with this chick that I shipped him with due to their mega BST. Anyway, awesome dude. I would add that other guy who takes his shirt off to distract the class and you find that, underneath his nerdy exterior he is actually ripped, but I don't know his name. And I couldn't be bothered to google it. I like that guy too. 

12. Matt- Death Note
If he didn't die 30 seconds later, he so would have gotten lung cancer.

Alright, I must put it out there that I am nowhere near as crazy, Matt-obsessed as most fangirls (*cough*Gojo*cough*), I just think he is awesome and pretty hot. But yeah, I am not like the others. Now, if you haven't seen dear Matt, he is in the show for a couple of minutes. He creates a diversion for his friend and the police chase him until he is surrounded by them and has to stop. He challenges them being all, "Since when could have such big guns?" and they are like, "This punk is totes bluffing". Famous last words, "You won't shoot." He doesn't even get to finish that sentence before he is killed. This is why male Death Note fans are all, "Girls, he said a few lines and died. Get over it" but they obviously haven't looked at him properly. Or heard him. I am a pretty big fan of his English dub voice actor. R.I.P Matt. 

Now, I have a couple of cartoon characters and even sitcom characters I could add to this list, but for the sanity of you all, I shall restrict it to anime characters. Also, I am mainly only fangirly over the first half-or-so of the list. The second half of the list are just male anime characters that I think are awesome but am not totally obsessed with. 

I think I am done. I also think that as soon as I post this, I will remember someone that I forgot. I'm racking my brain (actually, this "brain-racking" is what made me remember Hinata... And Matt), but now cannot think of anyone else.

Basically, that was fun, but took up a lot of my study time. Meh. I have later tonight. *sigh*

A FEW RANDOM PICTURES JUST FOR LOLS.  
 


3 comments:

  1. MATT<3

    That's all I came on here to say.
    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh, also, sweet list. Hinata <3
    And Inuyasha. Heh heh.

    I will admit that Kyo is quite cute there. I've no idea who he is, but whatever. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This list took me quite a long time to compile, so I am glad you approve.
    Man, I think you'd like Kyo and, if you did not, I would hit you :P
    In a way, he's hot in the manga, but you can't see his read hair, so you know, haha.

    ReplyDelete