Sunday 20 March 2011

There Was Just a High Concentration of Talented, Young Men.

This was the way that Phantomess tried to say, "There were lots of hot guys" in a more... sophisticated way so that my parents wouldn't be all, "Wha? My daughter was checking out guys?" in the car this afternoon. She was talking about the production of West Side Story that we, along with Miss Invisible saw last year. Now, this conversation took place in the car tonight on the way back from Wicked. This, along with the insane fangirling that went on at stage door (we met David Harris, who plays Fiyero and I don't think my hands have ever shaken so much... Holy moly) has inspired me to make a list of the male musical theatre characters who I do love, and often fangirl over. These will be accompanied by pictures of the stars that I saw perform them, which often (OK, like, always) greatly contributed to the extent of my fangirling. Now, I am not a creepy stalker girl. I just love these characters and the actors' portrayals.

1. Fiyero- Wicked- David Harris- 2nd February & 20th March 2011
Guess what site this was on? gaynewsnetwork.com. *sigh*sad face*

2. Freddy Eynsford-Hill- My Fair Lady- Matthew Robinson- 3rd September 2008
I swear this is like, the only decent picture of him around. The only other one I found easily made him look like he had a double chin.

3. Riff- West Side Story- Rohan Browne- 2nd December 2010
I was totes devo that he didn't have the goatee when we saw him :P

4. Tony- West Side Story- Josh Piterman- 2nd December 2010
Woah. Intense stare, much?

5. Bernardo- West Side Story- Nigel Turner-Carroll- 2nd December 2010
Sup?

6. The Phantom- The Phantom of the Opera- Roy Weissenstiener- 5th March 2008
Heh. The mask looks kinda funny side-on..

7. The Rum Tug Tugger- Cats- Shaun Rennie- 22nd July 2009
So, I only remember him dressed up as a cat :P

10. Mr Mistoffelees- Cats- Adrian Ricks- 22nd July 2009
OK, so there are NO good pictures of this guy. And... when I Google Image'd him, a picture comparing Justin Bieber to Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh appeared.. Because that's totally Adrian Ricks... 

Anyway, that's a list of my favourite male musical theatre characters and respective actors. I hope I didn't forget anyone, but I probably did... I shall, hopefully very soon, make a list of my favourite female musical theatre characters and their respective actors, to use the non-gender-specific term. And, if you haven't heard or seen any of these dudes before, you should try and look them up (even though Australian musical casts never get enough publicity on youtube etc.) because they are all wonderful performers :)


4 comments:

  1. I knew you would love that addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Pretty sure my brain just exploded from seeing so many good looking dudes in succession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure you would like this list, bro.

    ReplyDelete