Wednesday 25 May 2011

Baby, Do You Like My Sweater?

I had a really fun day today. Like, really. Everything I had freaked out about actually went well. 


In my spare I travelled with a friend of mine down to the school's "gym" to get a TV and wheel it all the way back up to the library in the freezing cold. That was kind of amusing.


In music I did SOME work before our group got collectively confused and sat and chatted instead.


Maths wasn't so much fun but a memorable moment was when dear Phantomess created a short cover of the Eurovision 2011 entry Ding Dong that went, "Ext Eng, what the hell?"


Physics was lots of fun. We didn't do a lot of work, but I asked my teacher for help, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. Basically, I argued with Albino for a LONG time. Well, 95% of the lesson. We haven't argued that much consecutively in Physics since early this year or even last year. We argued over whether Zip Lock Bags or called such, or called "Zip Seal Bags" as he insisted. This turned into a very loud argument causing Mr T&C to inquire what we were fighting about now (he told us he'll actually kinda miss our constant arguing. N'aww) and say, "Go take a survey at a supermarket! But not here, do Physics!"Yeah, he got annoyed with our arguments. Oh well...


PE was the best. Yeah, I know. Unusual, right? Gojo, Phantomess, Albino and I got to play tennis while everyone else was off playing volleyball (*shudder*). We played doubles and, ironically, Albino and I became a team. Yeah. That went well. Basically to cut a long story short, the lesson went something like this:
- Albino and I yelling so much at each other that I nearly lost my voice. Whoops.
- Me missing the ball. A lot.
- Everyone else missing the ball a lot, but less than me.
- The occasional rally always stopped by Phantomess' failed aiming.
- Mouthed swear words from Albino.
- Tennis racket fights between Albino and Phantomess.
- Hat fights between Albino and Gojo
- Acting extremely condescending towards Albino. "Now... Pick up the ball. Good! Now... Hit that ball... Over the fence..."
- Phantomess and Gojo leaving to do a job, leaving a one-on-one game between Albino and myself. This resulted in him telling me that I was a terrible ally (I sucked that much) and he wanted to swap.
- At one stage, we did a high-five with rackets and decided to use our powers to try and be epic. We failed. Of course. We are that epic. 
Good times.


After school, Phantomess, Gojo, Lingy and I hunted down our English teacher and made him mark our drafts in front of us, so we could finally get them back. It was amusing, as he misunderstood us at one stage, thinking we were using the word 'chocolate' as a codeword for heroin and getting half-jokingly-death-stared by our instrumental teacher. 


As I read in Phantomess' blog, these are the times she'll remember from school, and I agree. I will remember the pointless screaming fights and the stupid PE lessons and harassing the English teacher. 


Tomorrow night, two of the school's bands are performing in an Eisteddfod, and I'm playing in one. I am actually excited. I had fun last year. We lost by one point to a band that wasn't even on the program. My teacher was so happy and proud she cried. I am looking forward to sitting there watching other performances, critiquing them, insulting the annoying adjudicator, playing and showing everyone how awesome our band can be. And besides, I get Maccas with Tenuto Tuo beforehand :P  It's another one of those memories I'll miss- Eisteddfods, band performances, band in general. I will miss band. I actually have enjoyed being in this band. Not the junior band, oh no.


I am currently attempting to fix up my English assignment draft. It's going alright, but I've only added about 150 words. Grrs. Yes, multiple grrs. 


"No, I don't hate you, don't wanna fight you. You know I'll always love you, but right now I just don't like you"..."I tried to move you, but you just wouldn't budge. I tried to hold your hand, but you'd rather hold your grudge."
*cough* Ok, I'm good. That's from... Oh crud, can't remember the name of the song... Um... Oh! Which To Bury; Us Or The Hatchet by Relient K. I like pumping out Relient K when doing assignments. Well, tonight I've listened to the All-American Rejects, then Paradise Oskar and now Relient K. 


I'm basically addicted to Paradise Oskar's album, guys. Like, so addicted. His music is so good and his voice is soo nice. Now, who wouldn't love a guy that sings, "I've been dreaming about nobody but you for the last few years and I've been screaming out for nobody but you for the last few years"? Like, nice, much? And, his song Dear Mother is one of the saddest songs I've heard. He's singing about his mother and his relationship with her before she dies from an illness. You can hear him choking on his words, about to cry, as he sings it. The last lines are, "Nothing's set in stone except your name". How can you not tear up?


So, 1200 words... Anyone think this is a reasonable word count for tonight? That's precisely 167 words that I've written tonight. Wow. That's all? 
Oh, Charlie Brown, you always understand me... 
Last night, a old friend of mine, who shall hereby be known as Kiwi, sent a facebook message to White Ribbon and I. The three of us used to be very good friends 6-7 years ago, before she returned to New Zealand. I have visited her once, she has visited as once and we keep in not-so-regular contact through facebook. It was cool, cause I felt quite special getting this message last night. It reminds me that she hasn't forgotten about us. The three of us have changed so much over the years, but we still talk and get along. It feels good. She has changed the most, I think. Well, maybe not. I've been good friends with White Ribbon for most of this time, so I've seen her change, making it less obvious to me. When your friend who barely spoke to anyone and was the shy, artistic girl leaves the country and then sends messages about her partying friends and hot guys with several swear words, you notice the difference. I still love her though. She cracks me up. Our conversation last night somehow resulted in the three of us arguing (well, White Ribbon didn't get into the argument. She laughed at Kiwi and I instead) over the nationality with the hottest guys. Kiwi was on side America. I was side Spain. White Ribbon was relatively neutral but kinda on side Australia. Kiwi sent many funny images. A middle-aged guy attempting to be gangster- that was to show that Spanish guys aren't hot. A kangaroo wearing a tux- her depiction of Aussie guys. It was very amusing. At lunch today, White Ribbon and I reminisced and realised just how much we miss her. We are hoping she can come over here next year for a visit and the three of us will have a little party/sleepover like the old days. Despite the fact that I don't talk to her much, I really do miss her.


Anyone think indiscretion would be a good word for my assignment? Hm? I can't hear you guys. 


So, I found the OVA episode of Kaichou wa Maid-Sama. The youtube page is fully loaded and is sitting here as a tab, waiting for me to finish enough work, so I can reward myself by seeing some Usui Takumi. Om nom. 


Just remembered I have to start coming up with the Invited Reading for Pride and Prejudice. I don't know what it is. Can I not just read this book for enjoyment and not have to transform it and justify my transformation in a 15 minute oral? Please. 


Yes, thank you Google. When I search: Pride and Prejudice "invited reading" I totes want an essay about Emma. WRONG BOOK GUYS. 


So, I look at my Musical Wall to see Dash Kruck from [title of show] looking at me with wide eyes and a huge grin. Kinda freaky, but cool. He has Kynan Francis (same show. Duh) behind him with a "What the heck?" kinda look on his face. Their facial expressions combined (excitement and wonder combined with confusion) kinda totally explain this musical. I mean, one of the lines of a song are (sung by Heidi. I believe. If not, it was Susan. Pretty sure it was Heidi though), "When you handed me the first draft of this show, I’ll admit I was a little bit “what the f***?” 


Yep. Eat it. WHAT'S THE INVITED READING OF PRIDE & PREJUDICE? That rich dudes want to marry rich chicks and slightly less rich chicks want to marry rich dudes but you shouldn't judge rich dudes on their "rudeness" because they are actually really awesome and you should marry for love not money? Hm? Is that it? Pretty sure I should give that sentence to my English Extension teacher. He'd be all, "0_o"


My face feels really hot. I think that means I need an ice cream. Yes, that is definitely what it means.


So, I have a spare tomorrow. I am sitting here trying to decide whether to do English or Physics in my spare tomorrow. I will do this ExtEng homework, but which assignment shall I neglect for tonight and put off until tomorrow... Uuum... ENGLISH. 


PHYSICS TIME! Well, ice cream time first!


I have my ice cream. Now it's PHYSICS TIME!


Ok, guys, you must hear this song. So good. Sadie Hawkins Dance by Relient K.
(Ok, so, I search on youtube, "relient k sadie hawkins dance" and it suggests that I add "official music video" I am surprised as I did not think one existed, so I search for it. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO. Just random ones done by people because they have too much free time. I'd prefer an official one, because well, Matthew Thiessen, lead singer, omnom). Ok, just watched one of the home-made videos. Pretty funny, actually. 

Watch it. Well, at least listen to it. 


OK, I'm off to do Physics now. Ciao. Adios. 再见。Goodbye. 


My blog seems to be formatting this kinda weird. Oh wells. 

No comments:

Post a Comment