Friday 20 May 2011

There Are Many Good Reasons to Eat- Hunger, Boredom, Wanting to Be The World's Fattest Man... But Not Revenge

^ Truer words have never been spoken ^

This shall be a post about that wonderful institution known as school... Ugh. My opinions of school and attitudes towards it have changed so much over the years, but let's not go into that. Seeing as though I am only months away from graduating (HALLELUJAH!), I though I would write about that things I will miss and the things I definitely will not miss.

Before this, however, I shall grace you all with the graduating speech given by Daria in the movie/series finale "Is It College Yet?" This is the speech she gives after being announced as valedictorian, or something similar.

" I'm not much for public speaking. Or much for speaking. Or, come to think of it, much for the public. And I'm not very good at lying. So let me just say that, in my experience, high school sucks. If I had to do it all over again, I'd have started advanced placement classes in preschool so I could go from eighth grade straight to college. However, given the unalterable fact that high school sucks, I'd like to add that if you're lucky enough to have a good friend and a family that cares it doesn't have to suck quite as much. Otherwise my advice is; Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless experience proves you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is* naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza. Thank you. "

Best. Graduation. Speech. Ever. Moving on.

10 Things I Will Definitely Not Miss About High School:

1. Oral assignments. Detest them. They make my heart race faster than ever. They make my palms sweat. They make me talk at like, over 200 words a minute or something. They make me stumble and stutter. They make me cry. A lot. They genuinely terrify me.

2. PE. Again, detest it. It is awful. Sure, I have had some fun PE lessons, but more awful ones. I am terrible, nay, dismal, at PE. It is humiliating, degrading, condescending and just overall UGH. \


3. Lectures from teachers. You know, when they give the class a lecture and try and pull a guilt trip on you all? Annoying, because you know that no one's listening or caring.

4. Chapel services. Yes, I am a proud Christian and I'm all cool with worship and player and reading the Bible etc., but my school's chapel services are SNORETASTIC. We have annoying chaplain/priest dudes, annoying kids doing lame skits, lame hymns or the occasional catchy song sung by a teacher who can't sing for his life, and none of it means anything to 99.99% of the student population.

5. Concert band/Intermediate band. Concert band started off as the Junior Band at my school. I, along with two good friends and some other seniors, was put into this band to play our second instruments. I was fine with this until I saw the music. And heard the junior kids. Oh my goodness. Every rehearsal would be my teacher yelling at the little kids who couldn't play while I sat there thinking about how I could most likely play this music in my sleep. Intermediate band started this year. It was supposed to be better than Concert Band but not quite as good as Senior Symphonic Wind Ensemble (the band I play in on flute). It's just as bad, if not sometimes worse, than Concert Band. It is awful and one of the worst parts of my week.

6. Maths test. Eugh. I often stress out. I cannot think of how to actually do anything. I freak out a lot. Or I sit there going, "Oh well. If I write something it'll be OK," but generally I freak out. They are awful and one of the worst things ever created by man.

7. Physics test. Yeah. Basically the same as above. The only difference is that I like Physics. The exams, however, are brutal. I've only done like, 3 over the past year and a half. And one of them was like, half an assignment. Unless I'm forgetting one exam.. Hm. Anyway, the last Physics exam nearly broke me down into tears. In a way, it's worse because I like Physics more, but suck at exams.

8. Music Composition assignments. Awful. I suck at composing. Like, seriously. I cannot compose for my life. Even though I generally know the theory behind a basic composition, I completely forget when it comes to actually writing one. Way to bring my mark down. My compositions are generally around C, C+, B-...

9. Blue Reef. Our security system on the computers that blocks a LOT of pages with no valid reason. You can just be researching away and find a site and be all, "OMG! THIS SITE COULD ACTUALLY HELP ME! HALLELUJAH!" and then you click on it, only to find that Blue Reef has blocked it. Die, Blue Reef, die.

10. *this is really hard to come up with because I have many other things I could list here...* Physics homework. I don't get much, but when I do, it's awful. In class I'm all, "Yeah. I get this! Whoop! Party time!" and then I get home being all, "Yeah. I can do this homework! Party time!" and then I look at the homework and go, "Um. Wait. WHAT? I CAN'T DO THIS!"

10 Things I Definitely Will Miss About High School:

1. Bludge lessons with Mrs Best Sub Teacher. Everyone loves this woman. We do truly nothing whenever she covers one of our classes. If you see her walking around school, everyone goes, "WHO'S SHE COVERING TODAY???" and man people go and ask her.

2. Those wonderfully fun instrumental lessons with either Phantomess or Gojo where we get the teacher off track and talk and laugh and play and no one cares if you fail.

3. Skipping PE for instrumental lessons. Especially when we tell her we couldn't be stuffed to actually play and we sit on the ground and do nothing instead and then tell the PE teacher, "We had instrumental."

4. Those very rare great PE lessons when I'm in a team with all my friends and we all suck and epic fail but clap and cheer at each other's failures and just act stupid. That's what PE should be.

5. Really good, bludgy English lessons where the teacher jokes with us and doesn't make us do too much work. Like today.

6. Physics lessons. I will miss them so much. Talking with Miss Invisible. Laughing a lot with Miss Invisible. Realising we missed everything the teacher said. Whoops. Arguing a lot with Albino. Having Mr T&C take my side and then leave the room to go find some tuna. Getting help from Epic Physics Nerd and making jokes with... Band Camp Bro (lame name, but when I think of him, I think of band camp...).

7. Those great lunch times filled with arguments, stupid jokes and a whole lot of yelling and laughing over the table.

8. Making snarky or dirty comments in the back of English class. Well, most classes, but mainly English class.

9. Maths lessons with White Ribbon. We have the funniest times. Her writing "Jim" (inside joke, y'all) on nearly every page and laughing hysterically and freaking out other people and just acting like we're high on drugs. Other maths lessons suck, but the ones when I go with her are best.

10. Going to musicals. Yes, I can go to musicals outside of school, and I have, but going with the school is so much fun. The bus ride there filled with so much anticipation. The snack before when we are so excited/giving joking death stares to other schools. The freaking out in the minutes before going in. The freaking out when we've sat down and seen the stage. THE SHOW. The crazy, high intermission. The excitement afterwards. The talking and talking and talking about the show. The hanging out at the cafes afterwards and when we try and cram ice cream in our mouths in time. The joy when we are allowed to go to The Lolly Shop and the shop's filled with kids from our school. The bus ride back, filled with utter tiredness, happiness, lollies and just... joy :D   I will miss those Wednesday matinees so much.

Wow. I found it easier to find things I'll miss  :)

Anyway, this post took a LOT longer than anticipated and I was supposed to have done some practice by now... Heh. Whoops. I'm listening to me Happy Playlist. It's actually called ' :D ' Yep. A playlist I created of songs that make me happy and make me smile or laugh or dance. It might sound sad or pathetic, but who cares? It's good music to listen to when I'm in a good mood and sometimes in a bad mood. It is a mixture of Queen, Relient K, some All-American Rejects, catchy songs from animes like Special A, Fruits Basket and Kaichou wa Maid-Sama and... a little David Harris (LOL, only "So Close")

BYE MY BLOGTASTIC FRIENDS :D

Phantomess, Tenuto Tuo and I painted this in the art room. We aren't even art students. We used their paint. We made a masterpiece. Go ahead, bask in its glory. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so going to miss our maths lessons, particualy then ones where we freak out Doug-h! (that's only happened once but still) Best maths lesson ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of that lesson the whole time :)

    ReplyDelete