Wednesday 18 May 2011

So's Your Face

Finishing off my Music Extension assignments, y'all. Feels pretty good, you know. I mean, only a couple of months ago, I would be crying in my room going, "Oh my goodness! I actually have NO clue how to physically do this assignment!" and now I am doing the finishing touches on both, ready to hand them in tomorrow. Sure, they aren't wonderful. Sure, I highly doubt I'll be getting an A, but I am freaking proud of myself for actually being able to hand them in. This day seemed so... impossible a few months ago. These assignments made me cry, tear my hair out and question my mental sanity and my intelligence. Yeah. They suck that much.

So, I just realised something interesting. My social life is weird. I mean, not really. I don't have much of a social life outside of school, but still. I confuse myself. People confuse me. I get easily annoyed at people, but have to hide it. I get easily sick of people at times. I know, that sounds horrible, but it's not as bad as it sounds. It's just that, sometimes, I get tired of some conversations, some behaviour, some stuff and just get tired and irritable around people. I don't want to, because I love these people. I really do.

I also realised, when thinking about this, that I have many different opinions to a lot of my friends. A lot of them wouldn't know it, because I so often just go along with the flow. I laugh and joke along when really, I might not agree, or I might prefer to be talking about something else. Quite a lot, actually. I just laugh along and no one would know that I really don't want to talk about that, or that I don't agree. I guess that could contribute to my irritability and tiredness in relation to some people.

I'm not really sure what this means in relation to anything, because I'm unlikely to stand up and be all, "Guys. This topic of conversation is annoying me. I'm leaving now," and then walk off.

I hate not knowing why someone bugs you. There is sometimes just something, some quality that you can't quite put your figure on. Man, that is annoying.

And, don't you hate it when you can't decide on your opinion on a particular person? You know, like, you really strongly dislike many things they do and several things about them, but you strongly like other things they do and other things about them. Yeah.

See, I'm not even sure where I'm going with any of this, I just had a weird epiphany and that's totes what blogs are for. My irritation for most of the planet must be directed somewhere, right?

I got distracted by seeing a Jemma Rix Tumblr fan page. Then one for Lucy Durack. Then pictures of both of them with David Harris. And yeah, my focus went out the window after that. Well, no. I was focused, just not on my assignments. Focused on looking at images of the aforementioned people instead.

So, I remember where I was going with the earlier statements. Because of all that stuff I said, there are times where I feel like I don't quite fit in. I mean, sometimes I feel like these guys I chill with are the best people in the world and I could have been put with better friends etc. Other times I sit there feeling kinda... like I don't quite belong. Like these people don't know the real, true, full me. I don't know, it's hard to explain. But, despite my weirdness, and my self issues, and my low self-esteem, and my irritability, I do love my friends.

Back to my assignments, guys.

Oooh, so, I love this picture... Please ignore the sucky quality...
... Heh.
BACK TO ASSIGNMENTS.

So, you know what I like about public transport? The people. I mean, I don't like people generally, but I like people watching. I like being in this space with people I've never seen and will most likely never see again. People that sit there, maybe on their phones or listening to music, with their own stories and you don't know anything about them. And they know nothing about you. Yeah, I still sit their self-conscious, but I doubt I'll ever be able to be around people and not feel self-conscious. I was on the bus (public bus) home from school this afternoon (sitting on a chair that someone had spilt something on. Yeah. Ew. Thanks.) when, at the stop before mine, this young (16?) girl came on. She was hanging around with this guy who was on a bike. As she got on, she looked like she was pulling a fake sad face. I though this was some face she'd be pulling at the guy and that she'd forgotten to take off (the guy rode off on his bike, not getting on the bus) then, as she was paying the bus driver and he mumbled (he was a quiet, shy dude. I liked him), "Are you OK?" I realised she was actually crying. When she turned around to go to her seat, I realised she was crying a lot. She sat a few seats behind me and was sobbing. I have no idea what happened and I'm pretty sure she annoyed me last time I saw her on my bus, but I could not help feeling so sorry for her. I kinda wanted to hug her. It made me think of a quote from Total Drama, by Heather, "Crazy or not, no girl should have to be bald on national TV." So true, but anyway. I modified it, "Annoying or not, no girl should have to be bawling her eyes out on public transport." Poor girl. Wouldn't have surprised me if Guy On The Bike had just dumped her or something. Yeah, I felt so sorry for her, being depressed for whatever reason, and then having to be on public transport, where random people look at you. That's one thing that sucks about public transport. Sometimes you can't totally hide your story from the random strangers.

BACK TO ASSIGNMENTS, YO.

"Only you, you're the only thing I see, forever" Ah, Tonight. What a romantic, cheesy song. N'aww. OK, they way the Original Tony says "I love you" to Maria in this version I'm listening to sounds really weird. He sounds pretentious and annoying and not very sincere. Or romantic. Or attractive. I mean, gosh. And he sounds kinda old. And, my favourite character from West Side Story sounds really... um, ew... in the Original Broadway recording. Just sayin'. Okaaayyy... Apparently the guy who played Tony was only 25 then. Heh. He did not sound 25. Oh well, he had a good voice... Just.. kinda... old-ish... :P

ASSIGNMENTS!!!

Ah, Darth Vader. You never cease to amuse. 
 I have no ideas where these things came from, but I kinda like them...



"It's a quarter after one. I'm all alone and I need yoouu noooow"

If you type "so's" into Google Images the first recommendation is "so's your face", closely followed by "so's your mom" and "so's your mum".
Most of my conversations go something like this... 


I have no clue who Stephen Douglas is, but whatever. 

Just getting my dad to proofread these assignments. See? I'm not totally procrastinating. I will admit, procrastinating's more fun when you have a blog and can tell the world about your procrastination.

I am wanting to wait till i have officially finished these assignments before finishing this post. Well, almost. I forgot to get the name and company of my most important source from my teacher today, so I'm going to have to ask her tomorrow and quickly add that to my assignment. But whatever. That'll take like, 27 seconds.

First assignment officially DONE. Now, just to touch up the second one. OMG. OH SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT. *intertextual referencing ftw*

SECOND ONE DONE. Well, apart from the touch-ups for tomorrow.

GUYS. I AM *almost* READY TO HAND IN THE ASSIGNMENTS THAT I TORE HAIR OUT OVER. O.M.G. WHOOP! This calls for a serious rave party. Who's in?

Alrightyo. Imma eat a big lollipop and... Well, I don't know... Do something... else.... that isn't school work...

I CAN HAZ FREE TIME!


LOLWHAT? Pretty sure the reasons, with corresponding reactions are:
1. Forgetfulness... LOLHOMEWORK? FML...
2. Laziness... Pfffssshhhh..... I'll do it later... Sometime... I guess
3. Apathy... Like it matters. I ain't gonna use this. Ever.

BYE.

*just realised how flipping random this post was...*

No comments:

Post a Comment