Saturday 14 May 2011

Ding, Dong, Say No More...

So, last night I watched the Eurovision Second Semi-Final with Phantomess, Gojo, Tenuto Tuo and many other cool bros. It was AWESOME. I currently have my favourite song from last night stuck in my head, even though I've had about 4 rotating through my brain all morning. So, basically, we all turned up, many of us in costumes, supporting our favourite countries, and lay on mattresses eating a whole LOT of junk food while watching awesome Europop. Could it get much better? The answer is yes. The one thing that could have made it better was if Bulgaria, my favourite song of the night, got into the final. But, alas, they did not. Their place was stolen from them by the likes of an amazing singer who sung an insanely cheesetastic song (Austria), a song that was pretty good but wasn't memorable and had no real "wow" factor (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and a young, quite feminine male singing about how he wants a girl's body (Sweden). I was quite outraged. But, I was also very impressed. There were 19 songs last night and there was only ONE that I completely didn't like. Every other song had at least SOME good stuff to it. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. My favourites of the night were Bulgaria, Denmark, Ireland (I mean, who doesn't love Jedward?), Slovenia, Romania and Ukraine.

So, my grade went to a Careers and Employment Expo on Friday. I was excited because, well, no school. It ended up being pretty dang helpful. Basically, I walked around and decided I'd seen all I wanted to see (I grabbed booklets from the three top universities) within approximately 15 minutes... We were scheduled to be there for 2-3 hours. I was all, "Fml." Then I walked around with Miss Invisible and Tenuto Tuo and we decided to actually give the stalls, mainly university ones, a proper look and even talk to some people. Yeah, I talked to people. Shock horror.

I talked to a chick who goes to the university I've been set on. Coincidentally, she is doing the course I was thinking of doing. Even more coincidentally, she is learning a language like I want to. Basically, although other unis had some great courses, talking to her confirmed what I want to do next year.

I want to do a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology and Spanish. There is NOTHING in particular I want to do with either of those majors, but I am so interested in them both. I want to go to Spain either during uni holidays or straight after I graduate. I don't know what career I'll get with Psychology and Spanish, but I don't care. I'm doing something I want to do, something I like and something that interests me. And, dang, I am excited.

OK, so, why on Earth do I have Eric Saade stuck in my head? I am angry with him. Humph.

Jedward. The picture says it all <3

Pretty sure they got into the final just because of their hats and facial expressions :P

Somebody please try and explain to me why she didn't get into the final? Hm?

No comments:

Post a Comment