Saturday 7 May 2011

I Dreamed About You Last Night, Schroeder

^ The first line of the comic for the weekend on my Peanuts desk calender ^

Now for my list of strange quirks of mine, and whatnot.

1. Ice. I love ice. No, not the drug. You know, frozen water, usually in a cube-like shape. OM NOM NOM. I will often, most often is summer but all year round, grab a cup, fill it with ice, pour a little water or juice into it, drink the water or juice really fast and then sit around munching on ice. My nanna once warned me about breaking my teeth, but you know. I love eating ice too much.

2. Winter. I LOVE WINTER. I love wearing jeans and hoodies and my sneakers. I absolutely adore that feeling when you wake up in the morning and it's all dark and you are all snuggled up in a doona. Of course, it's a million times better when you don't have to wake up to go to school. I am so excited around now, cause it's nearly Winter. But also sad, because it's not quite Winter and the weather here can't decide whether it's hot or cold.

3. So, I am pretty much in love with wearing my lame, cheap, Bonds green and black stripy hoodie. Seriously, I love it and it's probably one of my favourite items of clothing.

4. I cannot drink Coke unless it is ice cold, with ice. I know many Coke lovers who hate having it from McDonald's because it's watered down and they fill half the cup with ice. That is exactly how I love it. Yummy. Or, in a glass at home half filled with ice. As soon as it gets slightly warm, I don't like it and cannot drink it. Similar with other soft drinks, but mainly coke. And actually, pretty similar with Orange Juice lately...

5. I have developed a thing for old cars. I love vintage cars. A light blue 1950s Chevrolet is my absolute dream car, but I like old, kinda cruddy looking cars too. I like old cars with chipped paint jobs...

Like this :)

6. Really old things creep me out. And history. Learning about dead people both interests me and creeps the heck out of me. I remember going to Old Parliament House when I was about 10. I got so creeped out walking around thinking, "People used to be in here. People used to work in here. People who are probably dead now," I don't know why, but I got freaked out. I always do get freaked out in old buildings and learning about history. *shudder*

7. I believe sushi is one of the best things ever created. Ever. I used to be all, "Um. Seaweed wrapped around rice and raw fish?? Ew. No thanks," and then I tasted it. Oh. My. Gosh. I have never turned back. Once you go sushi you never go back...? So, I crave sushi all the time now. Whenever we are at a shopping centreand going to get some lunch I automatically go, "IS THERE A SUSHI PLACE?" I am not terribly adventurous and always eat prawn, chicken, avocado or crab ones. But still. SO GOOD. Dang, I want sushi now.

8. Cheesecake is another one of the best things ever created. Like, yum, much? Mouthwatering stuff. Whoever created that is a genius.

9. I shall try to stop talking bout my favourite foods but a shout-out must be made to the Mexicans. I have always adored tacos, burritos and nachos. I have been recently introduced to the wonders of the quesadilla and love them too. My favourites a probably tacos, though. We always use to get out a towel and put it on the floor in front of the TV. My brothers and I would sit on the towel when eating our tacos because, even eating over plates, we would spill food everywhere. I'm not as bad now, but tacos are seriously messy.

10. I have some weird thing about hair. Not like a hair fetish, but I always want my hair to look right. I am always annoyed when I get a bad haircut and feel wonderful when I get a good one. I know that's normal, but I honestly worry while getting my haircut that it won't look perfect. I always look at people's hair in public too. I like different styles and colours and seeing them all on different people.

11. I may hate people, but I like people watching. It's probably why the city is one of my favourite places ever. I love sitting or walking around seeing so many people in different outfits, with different hair, with different people and different facial expressions. You have no idea what they are going to do, what they are thinking, what they are feeling and what's going on in their lives. I like that there are so many people with so many different stories.

12. I hate the country. Well, maybe not hate. I mean, it has some nice qualities to it, but I don't like the fact that you can walk down a street and you know everyone and everyone knows you. It's the opposite to the city. You know everyone's stories. My grandparents live in a country town and my grandma knows the stories of a lot of people. There isn't the anonymity that there is in the city. Also, there's nothing to do there. Ugh.

13. I have the tendency to tell people when a song is stuck in my head. It's a habit that annoys me, but probably annoys those I tell more.

14. I am most confident singing around my brothers. Weird, but I don't like singing around other people. I will only sing fully loud and proud of my suckishness when around my two little brothers.

15. I get side tracked extremely easily. I will be in the middle of a story to someone, or more commonly in the middle of a sentence, and just stop. I suddenly completely forget everything I was saying. Most commonly with my parents, I will stare at something for a long time and then go, "Wait, what was I talking about?" When with my friends however, the give me strange looks and stand there going, "And......?"

16. I hate breakfast. Worst meal of the day. I can never find anything I want to eat. I can get really hungry but, unless I can cook bacon and eggs, I don't want to eat anything. I have discovered that if I eat a bit of breakfast, I will be so hungry very quickly whereas if I eat no breakfast, I won't be as hungry as quickly. Yeah. That makes sense.

17. I talk to inanimate objects. When my computer is working slowly I will talk to it as if it is a dog and say, "Come on. You can do it..." It doesn't usually listen to me which results in me trying to control my anger and not bash it up.

18. I don't like dogs. Or cats. Or birds. You see, I like them. In theory. They are cute and cuddly and cool and all but I do not like them when they are real and alive and around me. Jumpy dogs freak me out. I think cats will scratch me and birds just kinda freak me out in general. If they are around me.

19. I kinda like bugs. As long as they don't fly. I hate flying bugs. Well, most flying things. I hate flies with a passion. Detest them. I don't mind cockroaches though. Yeah, I saw a really big fast one the other day and jumped and flipped out like a little girl, but generally I don't mind them. I also don't like butterflies much. They are pretty and lovely unless they are near me. Their fast flapping wings has always kinda freaked me out.

20. When I was younger, I used to love all the cute, funny, often stupid characters in TV shows. Now, I love the serious, cynical ones with dry senses of humour.

21. Until a year or two ago, I didn't like lasagne or meringues. I'm not quite sure what was wrong with me.

22. I am often ashamed to say, but I love The Princess Diaries book series. It sounds so juvenile, which is probably why I never like to promote it, but it's not. They are actually really good and flipping hilarious. I totes own the 10 book collection. Except book 5. I need it just because it annoys me to be missing a book. And yes, I have read the first book over 5 times and it still makes me laugh...

23. I used to think anime was stupid. I am now addicted.

24. I don't like steak.

25. I love chicken. A lot. OM NOM NOM

26. I still like some cartoon kids movies like Toy Story, Shrek, Cars, The Lion King and often feel the compulsion to sit down and watch them. I will admit that I absolutely loved Toy Story 3.

27. I love the smell of garlic. Seriously. I would always like to smell the bottle of minced garlic we always had in the fridge. Yummy...

28. Sunglasses always look funny on me... As do hats. I always used to try on my mum's glasses when I was younger and I thought I look older and smarter in them. They made everything look heaps close though, so I didn't wear them for long.

29. I have a habit of starting to use a phrase or word or slang a little bit and then end up using it WAY too much. Lately it has been 'LOL' even though that annys me, 'Fml' thanks to Gojo, 'OMG' even though that also annoys me and, probably most annoying of all, I have gotten into the habit of talking like a LOLCAT. I can haz bad grammar? I used to hate them. I'd talk like them to mock them a bit and now I can't stop. Now I find them so stupid and pointless it's hilarious. I have annoyed Tenuto Tuo on many an occasion with this.

30. I say 'dude' WAY too much. I call everyone dude and often 'man' as well. Regardless of gender or context or relationship or anything. I start a great portion of my sentences with 'dude' and end a smaller portion of them with 'man'.

I'm done now. Because I hear dinner being served. And I did no work. Heh.

3 comments:

  1. Ehehe. I love your quirks :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I know many Coke lovers who hate having it from McDonald's because it's watered down and they fill half the cup with ice. That is exactly how I love it."
    YES. I thought I was the only one. Subway does it the best~

    And dude, I always sing in front of my sister. She makes me confident. Siblings are cool like that :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Yes, Subway's is good too! My brothers and I belt out things like "Livin' On A Prayer" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" all the time XD

    ReplyDelete