Thursday 19 May 2011

I Could Easily Forgive His Pride, If He Had Not Mortified Mine

I've realised that I'm kinda moody recently. Like, seriously. My moods fluctuate so much during the day. I'll go from tired, to high, to tired, to annoyed, to depressed, back to high, then back to depressed, then high, then meh. Well, that's how it's been today, actually. Kinda weird. And kinda annoying.

GUYS, I HANDED IN MY TWO MUSIC EXTENSION ASSIGNMENTS TODAY.

Wow. Ninjas are way cool, bros.
LOLWHAT?

How true... Happens to me ALL THE TIME. 
So, I love Japanese names, guys. They are so cool. Especially Japanese girls' names. They are so cute and pretty and... om nom nom.

It's taken my brother nearly an hour to eat dinner. Fail, much?

So, my English Extension class this arvo wasn't bad, thankfully. I mean, we got our assignments (15 minutes? Seriously?) but apart from that, it was pretty cool. I mean, my teacher, Mr Noodleton made it pretty enjoyable with all of his really weird, lame jokes and strange facial expressions etc. Man, he is weird. Seriously weird. But funny as, because of this weirdness.

In music today, Tenuto Tuo and I sung several songs really loudly and purposely out-of-tune. We serenaded Phantomess with our own cover of "I'm Yours". It was truly amazing.

Guys, I've gotta show you this chick. I want her hair SO bad.
NOM NOM NOM
So, she's is the actress who plays Amy, the newest companion in Season 5 & 6 of Doctor Who. My second favourite companion, with my second favourite Doctor. I really like her and I find her quite the attractive one. PLUS, she has an awesome Scottish accent. Whoop.

You know what I've noticed, hanging with a mixture of boys and girls? Girls are a LOT more comfortable saying that other girls are either pretty, attractive or hot than guys are. The girls of my school went to this thing where women who have made their way in media gave speeches about their careers. Gojo, Phantomess and I thought this one speaker was very attractive. When we talked about her back at school, the guys I hang with found that really weird. They always find it weird that we are comfortable talking about the attractiveness of both men and women, even though we are all straight.

So, I kinda like cynicism, right? I mean, sometimes it's funny when people, well, mainly fictional characters, are all, "Who cares? We're all gonna die?" Take, for instance, Squidward from Spongebob. Love his cynicism. I also liked the cynicism in the ending of 1984. The whole, "He loved Big Brother," thing. The fact that it's saying, "Yeah, you can try and fight and rebel against all the cruddy stuff, but it'll beat you eventually." I liked that. I'm not a full-on pessimist, cynicist, however. I just find it amusing at times.

Just chillin' in my room eating a mandarine and drinking ice cold coke. Hecks yes.

The awkward moment when you get out a mandarine to eat and then go and pour yourself some coke and you turn around can't find your mandarine causing you go walking around the kitchen yelling, "I LOST MY MANDARINE!"

I really wanted to do a huge Society Rant on here tonight, but I lost motivation. If someone had given me a laptop and Blogger access at about... 3:15ish this afternoon, I would have gone off. Now, not so much.

Now, I'm in the mood to listen to one of my favourite songs at the moment. The Vinyl Countdown by Relient K. Basically, it talks about how no young dudes appreciate vinyl records and just use CDs and MP3s etc. It's quite amusing. My favourite bit ever:

These days, kids they are so ignorant
They have no clue what to do with the 7 inch.
They say, "It won't play, it's my CD player's fault, let's take it to the park and play some frisbee golf"
So, give me side A, give me side B, it really doesn't make any difference to me
I tried to burn it, like all the CDs that I get, but what the heck is all this melted plastic mess?

That last line is my favourite in the whole song.

I love humourous music. Oh my gosh, if you want humourous music, you have got to listen to this song. LOVE it. May The Horse Be With You by Relient K. LYRICS:

Bored in a stable with nothing to do.
We make a game out of throwing our shoes.
Lead me to water, but not to the track.
Show me a saddle and I'll say, "Hey get off my back."
All in favor (all in favor) say "Nay!"
We like the flavor of (we like the flavor of) hay.
We're gonna graze all of our days.
Until they take us away and turn us into glue.
Like Mr. Ed always said... May the horse be with you.
May the horse be with you.
May the Horse be with you everyday.
I trot by the fillies, they like me of course.
They all dig my band, yea I'm a rocking horse.
You gotta take off your spurs to ride me you know.
If you want me to stop then yell out "Whoa".
All in favor (all in favor) say "Nay!"
We like the flavor of (we like the flavor of) hay.
We're gonna graze all of our days.
Until they take us away and turn us into glue.
Like Mr Ed always said... May the horse be with you.
May the horse be with you.
May the horse be with you everyday.


So, I don't know who "Mr. Ed" is, but I still love this song. Classic. Youtube it, guys. 


There's this anime I kinda want to watch now. It sounds kinda dumb, but most animes I've watched sounded dumb before I watched them. No, scratch that. All of them sounded dumb/weird/confusing before I watched them. Anyway, DNAngel. Some guy turns into his alter ego whenever he has romantic feelings for the chick he likes, or thinks about her too much. I think she might end up liking his alter ego. That's a Trope. I know that cause of Superman. Totes makes me think of this show I have watched, Lois and Clark- The New Adventures of Superman. Yeah. I have seen almost all, if not all, of that show and I loved it. I've always had a soft spot for superheroes. And romance. And superheroes in love. And yeah, that's this show. Basically, it focuses a lot of Superman and Lois. Well, Clark. Well, the title says it all. I always remember the sad, depressing section of that show when Lois looses her memory and when she rejects Clark for a proposal because she found out he was Superman afterwards and the phase when they are going out and get into fights all the time because he has to leave her to save the world but she doesn't know he's Superman. Wow, I said all of that in almost reverse chronological order. Aw, I really wanna watch that show again. It may sound lame, but I loved it. Lois was played by... Teri Hatcher, btw. 


I'm TVTropesing (Yep. It's a verb now) DNAngel. Maybe Lois and Clark next. 


Guys, why do my blog posts always end up being about completely different things than intended?? 




I am a sucker for time travel. I love movies and books and TV shows that include time travel. Probably a large reasoning behind my love of Doctor Who. Actually, not probably, definitely. Also, a large reasoning behind my, albeit kinda sad, love of the Back To The Future movies. I do love them. Maybe I only like Sci-Fi that includes time travel. I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan of Stargate SG-1 when I watched it. I watched one season. I liked it, but it didn't keep my attention. Also, there wasn't enough romance. I mean, I was a huge Samantha CarterxJack O'Neill shipper since the moment the met in episode 1 and she cracked a joke about reproductive organs. They didn't have any "moments" for AGES! THEY WERE STUCK IN ANTARCTICA ALONE AND HE WAS DYING FOR GOODNESS SAKE! And what did they say to each other? "It's been a pleasure working with you." I was all, "UM. EXCUSE ME? NO. YOU SAY, "I LOVE YOU" DANG IT!" Sigh. I did watch one brilliant episode from season 5 though... Window of Opportunity. Groundhog Day-like thing. Love those kinda episodes. It had hilarity and a shiptastic kiss. FINALLY. Only episode that really kept me satisfied. Oh, and that one where they nearly killed that girl. They nearly exploded her. That made me cry. But yeah, maybe I'd like it more if there was more romance and some time travel in season 1. 

Guess I better get off this. Like, now. Hm.


^Pride and Prejudice quote as the title, y'all^

1 comment:

  1. YOU DON'T KNOW MR. ED?
    I do, vaguely. The theme song was like:
    A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
    and no one can talk to a horse, of course
    Unless the horse (something something) of course
    Is the famous Mr. Ed!

    So go to the source and ask the horse,
    And find the answer that you endorse (? That doesn't sound right, oh well)
    Have you ever heard of a talking horse?
    (Something something) Mr. Ed♪

    It was about a talking horse, btw ^^

    Oh I hate it when I find sand ninjas at the beach. Totes ruins my day you know?

    Dude, guys aren't very comfortable with their sexuality, it seems O_O That's one thing I prefer about being a girl. I have no issues with how I act around other chicks. I mean, if you can't feel comfortable with at least one gender, who CAN you feel comfortable with? A hermaphrodite? Maybe? We should ask the guys if they feel more comfortable with hermaphrodites.

    ReplyDelete